30th Annual Rincon Classic Program
Event Guide & Details
The Rincon Classic waiting period consists of eight consecutive weekends, seeking the ideal combination of swell and weather. We work closely with the swell forecasters at Surfline to decide by the Wednesday before the first waiting weekend(and each weekend thereafter) .
- November 15th-Event: Rincon Classic Online Raffle open BUY TICKETS
- November 15th-January 1st: Rincon Classic Video Contest
- November 15th-January 1st: Rincon Classic Photo Contest
- November 28th-December 28th: Event Registration Open (805 only)
- January 3rd, 5-7pm: RC13 Launh Party and Video Contest Premier, Channel Islands Surfboards
- January 5th & 6th: First waiting weekend For 2013 Rincon Classic
- Sunday of the event, 6:30-9:30pm: SIMA Classic Sunday Awards Ceremony, Maritime museum
- Live Commentating & Computerized Scores
- ASP certified Judging panel
- Expression Session
- Professional Division
- Online Raffle & Event Raffle
- SIMA Classic Sunday Awards Ceremony
On The Beach: Special Events
• Quiksilver & Roxy Wetsuit Demos: Both days of the event will feature free wetsuit demos for competitors, spectators, and free surfers. Try out the warmest, most flexible suits on the market. If the suit fits, wear it! (10am-4pm Saturday and Sunday of the event)
• Surfboard Demos: The RC 13 free board demos feature designs by local shapers Al Merrick/ Channel Islands Surfboards, J7/ Jason Feist, and Matt Moore/ Rincon Designs. Bring your ID to check out the best boards our area has to offer. (10am-4pm Saturday and Sunday of the event)
• Arbor Skateboard Demos: Arbor Collective is the official skateboard sponsor of the Rincon Classic for the third year running, and will be bringing down a quiver of sidewalk surfboards to check out.
• Organic trophies: All finalists will receive 2013 Rincon Classic Belt buckles as trophies, with first place finishers taking home customized Lanakia Ukuleles to enjoy the rhythm of victory every time they play. First place in the Professional division, and Special Awards Honorees will receive custom RC 13 thrones created by John Birchim of Jaya Wave. Each throne is hand crafted by reclaimed wood with an alaia as the back.
• Event Video Highlights: We have teamed up with Josh Pomer and Post Modern Surfer for the 4th year running to create daily highlight packages, and heats on demand for all finals.
• Competitors Area: Get loosened up before your heats with our team from Alki Wellness center.
Marc Grandle will be providing on site chiropractic and massage care for competitors and spectators alike for both days of the event. The Competitors area will also feature Indo Boards for warming up, stretching matts, bean bags, and water along with personal training assistance by Wes Wilson of WW Fit.
• Water Station & Food: Bring your re-usable drink tin and stay hydrated all weekend long. Food will be served by Wahoo’s Fish Taco, & Mad Dogs, along with beverages by C2O Coconut Water.
What You Get: All contestants receive the following with their $75 entry fee
• Official 2013 Quiksilver Rincon Classic organic T-shirt
• Surf Happens re-usable bag
• Quiksilver or Roxy hat
• Teva shoes
• VIP access to all of the contest festivities
• Competitor bracelet that provides lunch and beverages for both days of the event, and entry into the SIMA Classic Sunday Awards ceremony at the Santa Barbara Maritime Museum, complete with catering by Wahoo’s.
• Two raffle tickets for the raffle going on all weekend at the event and awards ceremony.
COMPLETE LIST OF RULES HERE: ALL COMPETITORS MUST READ
• Park in marked stalls only (violators will be towed)
• Follow directions of parking guards and informational staff
• Do not cut through the home owners property, and stay off of the ice plants, natural foliage, and private property.
• Free surf in designated areas only
• Check in with the Shore Sheriff 15 minutes before your heat
• NO alcohol allowed on beach
• Bring your re-usable mug for coffee, and drink tin for water
• Dispose of waste and recyclables in proper containers- compost/recycling/landfill
• Carpool to the contest
• Look up schedule of events on rinconclassic.com, allow enough time to get to contest site, plan to stay all day.
• Participate in our daily beach clean ups to keep RC13 pristine. Saturday 12pm – Sunday 12 pm , 3pm
• Ride your bike to the contest
• Use designated restrooms
• Stay off of the natural foliage
• Keep dogs on leashes, and clean up after your pet.