RC17 Event Highlights :
- Live commentating and computerized scoring
- ASP Certified Judging Panel Expression Session featuring area pro surfers, past champions and legends of the sport
- Scosche In Rhythm Award
- Rincon Brewery Pro Division
- Third annual King of The Queen, Battle of The Surf Shops team event
- Wavehunters Dream Surf Trip Raffle: Over $20,000 in prizes in the raffle
New to the Queen
- Hurley Surf Club will be in full effect at the Rincon Classic where athletes may review footage from their heats with tips from top industry experts and Hurley pros. Learn from the best and take your surfing to the next level.
- Team Nissan will be showcasing several vehicles in the State Parking lot for participants and spectators to check out including the NV passenger van perfect for businesses and families.
- Trace Up has signed up as the official action sports monitor for the event and will be hosting demos and specialty contests throughout the event for fastest speed, distance traveled and more.
Special Happenings :
- Wetsuit Demos By Hurley
- Surfboard Demos
Shuttle service to and from Mark Avenue (where Channel Islands Surfboards factory is located) courtesy of Jump On The School Bus. Shuttles will run approximately every 30 minutes from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. the Saturday and Sunday that the event is held. The pick up and drop off location at Rincon will be conveniently located on the side of the road in front of the Rincon Point gate. Make sure to allow enough time to get to and from the event!
Highlight Packages and Finals Heats On Demand
Alki Wellness Center – Massage, Chiropractic, Warmup
Rincon Brewery Food & Water Station
Rincon Brewery will be selling food to spectators and the general public throughout the weekend and providing fresh cold water. Also for sale fresh juice from The Juice Ranch, and muffins and coffee from Lucky Llama.
Be Green To The Queen
Each year hundreds of local surfers, friends, family members, and spectators flock to the Rincon Classic to enjoy all the blessings of the Queen. Our mission is to help spread environmental awareness and promote individual responsibility, while properly managing all waste from the event.
We will have conveniently located waste and recycling containers courtesy of Marborg Industries spread throughout the contest site that are clearly marked for waste and recycling. It is our goal to make this a zero waste event and we need your support to make this reality. Please reduce, reuse, and recycle, put your waste in the proper container, and if you see trash pick it up. The Surf Happens Foundation is sponsoring daily beach clean ups and spreading stewardship through the High Five Program of simple solutions to pollution and picking up five pieces of trash every time you go to the beach.
- Bring your reusable mug for coffee, and drink tin for water
- Dispose of waste and recyclables in proper containers
- Carpool to the contest
- Ride your bike to the contest
- Jump On The School Bus and take shuttle to the event from Mark Avenue in Carpinteria
- Allow enough time to get to contest site, and plan to stay all day
- Use designated restrooms only
- Stay off natural foliage
- Keep dogs on leashes and clean up after your pet
What you Get :
All contestants receive the following with their $75 entry fee.
- Official 2017 Channel Islands Surfboards Rincon Classic T-shirt presented by Hurley
- 2017 Rincon Classic re-usable bag by Surf Happens
- Hurley Beanie, and re-usable H20 water bottle
- VIP access to all of the contest festivities
- Competitor bracelet that provides lunch and beverages for both days of the event, and entry into the SIMA Classic Sunday Awards ceremony at the Carpinteria Lion’s Club, complete with catering by Duo Catering and drinks.
- Two raffle tickets and free entry into the Wave Hunters Grand Prize drawing for a dream surf trip for one to Las Flores resort, El Salvador. (The beach raffle will be going on all weekend tickets are available for $10 each)
- Park in marked stalls only (Violators will be ticketed and towed)
- Follow directions of parking guards and informational staff (Will be wearing red staff shirts)
- Do not cut through the gated home owners property on way to beach, or back to car, and stay off of the ice plant, natural foliage, and private property
- Free surf in designated areas only
- Check in with the Shore Sherriff 15 minutes before your heat
- No alcohol allowed on beach
- Dogs must be on leashes at all times